Saturday, March 9, 2013

Burger Logic 6: Jollibee Ultimate Burger Steak


In one of my treks to Jollibee, I noticed something new to their menu. I took out my digicam to take a snap of their menu while I was on queue. This is how it looked like from their menu:
A rice meal with fries? I already do it occasionally

I ordered it since I've always been a big burger person and I took a snap of what I was served. Unfortunately, the place was jampacked even at 10PM [it was, after all in Cubao], and I had to eat in a slightly dark corner of the branch. Excuses aside for my poor shot of the food [I try to avoid using the flash as much as possible], let me provide my take on it.

It is 100% beef, all right. When I ordered, you are given the normal "12 minute" wait time whenever you order a Champ [they are using the same patty for this], but in my case, it took less than 10, which is a good thing considering the poor service I get from fastfood places. It includes a regular serving of french fries, where the 1/3 pound patty sits and it is swimming with the mushroom sauce. An egg afterwards and its a fairly big meal.



I tried eating this on two separate occasions, one dine-in, and one on take out, just because I'd like to take note if having the fries would make any difference. When I ate it freshly prepared, the fries were still new and crispy and provided the added texture that I really like. The burger itself? Well, it tasted like the regular burger steak that you can order through them. It's nothing special. 

The time I tried take out, it didn't work out well. The mushroom sauce definitely made the fries very soggy and the overall meal was less enjoyable [note: I ate it around 2-3 hours after ordering it]. Still, the pure beef patty was good and on both times, I felt compelled to reach out and get extra rice. 

Just as much, I took a short video trying to zoom it in, and provide a more detailed look into it. Who knows, maybe next time, I can do a speaking role or some such.