Thursday, March 28, 2013

Red Ribbon Tiramisu Meltdown


It is a Maundy Thursday. Most, if not all malls are closed. I'm at work. Under normal circumstances, it would be a regular grind, except that I would not have to deal with the heavy traffic [while riding buses due to the malls being closed] and the hordes of people at the MRT stations. 

My boss had a craving for cake, and thankfully, Red Ribbon was open and was ready to deliver, and she treated our team to some cake. Tiramisu meltdown galore, and before the cake was consumed by the team, a picture was taken to prove its existence before it becomes a memory.


With the absence of a knife, we had to improvise and use plastic forks to cut into the cake, and as such, the slices are imperfect, but wouldn't you say this still looks enticing? 


While it does taste good, and it was quite an experience, it doesn't really feel much like a tiramisu for me. It was more like a chocolate cake. It had a soft foamy texture, and if you have a sweet tooth, you'd like how sweet this cake is. For me, a tad too sweet, but it's all cool. 

What's more important is that I got to bond with my team on a day at work. Any opportunity that comes along is a great time to spend time with folks at work. It certainly helps with coping and the tedium of the daily work and commute.