Monday, February 11, 2013

Burger Logic Ep 5: H.I.D. Burgers

 


As recommended to me by a friend, I managed to find this restaurant on one of those jeepney rides on my way to le girlfriend's house. It is conveniently located in a Phoenix petroleum gas station, with a few other establishments. 

The place itself could only house a group of roughly around 20-30 people at most, it has an open air environment. I settled in and had a gander at the menu items. I checked and noticed that they only serve chicken burgers. Also, this reminder about their burgers, which is a welcome sight at the very least.

It also is welcoming that the price for these burgers are relatively cheap. Maybe the use of chicken for the patties help keep the price down since chicken is generally cheaper than beef.
  





H.I.D. Burgers' menu


 I ordered a Sicilian burger, based on the recommendation of a friend and took it home. At first glance, I was surprised at the pandesal-esque bread they chose to use for their burgers. First bite, and it was a pleasant surprise. Second bite and I'm happy. It's a good burger indeed. Not to the extent that my friend mentioned [HID - Sicilian Burger (With mozzarella cheese, basil and grilled tomatoes)

Nateleport ako bigla sa isla ng Sicily sa unang kagat. Ikalawang kagat ko, marunong na ako mag-Italyano, ikatlo, natuto na ako magsign language (Italians are, at some point, deaf), nung maubos ko na, kamukha ko na si Al Pacino.], but still a good burger.

The burgers are flame-grilled, but does not give the impression that it is dry. Also, since this is not breaded in any way, you get pure chicken in every bite. For what it's worth, the price difference of only 20php between the 1/4 pound and 1/3 pound orders is very much worth it.

I'm quite satisfied with this burger place, now if only they weren't so out of the way and/or if they had other branches.