Monday, July 23, 2012

KFC Cheese Top Burger


KFC's Streetwise value line seems to be churning out new ideas to draw new consumers to their affordable meals, but this one had me scratching my head. I mean, really? You put the cheese on top of your bread? My first impression was...


How the heck would you hold a burger with the cheese on top? It could be messy. Also, how different would it be if you just put the cheese INSIDE the burger itself.

After what seemingly an endless maelstrom of why oh whys, I settled down. Though I thought that for a cheeseburger, that seemed oh-kay. Pretty cheap considering it is packaged with a drink already. Also, as a way to encourage folks to buy it with the drink, this burger costs just a measly 2 pesos less than the value meal which includes the regular drink.


The cheese is standard fare, as with most burgers these days, which is just fine. There's also something markedly different with the sauce used with this burger. Instead of the traditional mayo they used with the Zinger, and Double Down sandwitches, this one sports a garlic parmesan sauce which gives it a slight cheesy garlic flavor, which for me is a good choice since I particularly dislike plain mayo.

Overall, it was a pleasant surprise, though I still feel that the cheese on top concept is ri-DARNIT-diculous.