Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Burger Logic: Ep 1: Burger Machine

I haven't written anything for a long time here, and I figure that I need to get my juices flowing again. I've got tons of pictures and no posts to show for them. It's time to get them uploaded and get something uploaded.

First off, the classic burger stand, Burger Machine. The top of the food chain, in terms of burger stands, back in the day, and was so popular that even the Eraserheads endorsed them at one point. It's been around since forever, but in recent years, it seems to have taken a back seat to Angel's Burger and other burger places.

The classic BM stand.


The classic burger stand is still around, and as with the current trend, they are offering Buy One Take One on seemingly all of their burgers.


Pictured is a Jumbo Bart burger. I'm not exactly sure why it's called a "Bart" burger when it's basically a burger with coleslaw in it.The burger is freshly cooked, which is common fair for burger stands, but I still find to BM to be the best when it comes to preparation. What irks me though is their audacity to charge P6 php for a spoon of cabbage with a bit of dressing. Sometimes even less! 

The actual burger itself though is still good and enjoyable. The patty is thin though. Well, I guess competition is stiff when trying to keep prices low at this level.

At this point, for 50Php, it's still a good buy, and brings me back to my high school days when me and a few highschool buddies would almost make it a daily habit to grab a burger [or two] before heading home.

In the years since, a lot of the old Burger Machine stands that I used to frequent have closed shop, and other stands have taken their place. Have these new stores taken over and have swept BM at the wayside? I'd like to try everything I can, and verify for myself. I still have a busy schedule but would try to write often.